Thursday, December 6, 2012

PSCW approves Montfort wind farm purchase

Our proposed purchase of the Montfort Wind Energy Center in Iowa County, in southwestern Wisconsin, was approved in a 2-1 vote by the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin (PSCW) today.

We had signed an agreement in August with NextEra Energy Resources Inc. of Florida to purchase the 30-megawatt wind farm for $27 million. We will retain NextEra to operate the site under an operations and maintenance agreement.

We previously had a power purchase agreement for 85 percent of the energy from the site. The remaining 15 percent was under a power purchase agreement with Wisconsin Power and Light Co., a subsidiary of Alliant Energy. The agreement extends through 2021.

No comments: