Here’s a progress report from each site:
- Valley Power Plant, Milwaukee: Three out of four eggs have hatched
- Pleasant Prairie Power Plant: All four eggs have hatched
- Port Washington Generating Station: Two out of five eggs have hatched
- Oak Creek Power Plant: Two out of three have hatched
- Presque Isle Power Plant, Marquette, Michigan: Four eggs present
Peregrine falcons remain listed as endangered in Wisconsin after their near extinction from widespread pesticide use in the 1960s. Today, Wisconsin has more than 30 successful nesting sites across the state.