|Gypsum is used to improve soils for farming.|
Though gypsum is nothing new in agriculture, what is new is having a local source of gypsum in recent years.
Our installation of flue gas desulfurization systems at Oak Creek Power Plant produces a high purity gypsum product. We make the gypsum available to Wisconsin farmers. Previously, farmers obtained gypsum from mines in other states, primarily Iowa and Michigan,
Gypsum application benefits
- Rehabilitation of high sodium, magnesium and aluminum impacted soils.
- Soil structure improvement.
- Surface crusting elimination to improve water penetration and aeration.
- Increased release of soil nutrients to crop roots, reducing need for expensive fertilizer applications.
- Greater yield for alfalfa, corn, soybeans, wheat, peanuts and potatoes.