Usually we’re reminding you to remove snow around your meter. But this time of year, the bigger problem may lie overhead. If your roof has snow on it – beware. Melting snow can slide off your roof and onto your natural gas meter. Please remove any snow buildup on your roof to prevent this from happening.
This natural gas meter is encrusted in ice. A dangerous
situation that can lead to leaks.
To avoid problems:
- Remove icicles that may drip water onto the meter.
- Avoid kicking or hitting the meter to break away built-up snow or ice.
- Use a broom to gently brush snow off the meter.
- Always shovel away from the meter.
- Take care when using a snow thrower or plow near your meter.