- Go to an air-conditioned building.
- Use fans.
- Stay out of sun.
- Drink plenty of water before you get thirsty.
- Wear light, loose-fitting, breathable clothing such as cotton.
- Take frequent short breaks in cool shade.
- Eat smaller meals before work activity.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol and large amounts of sugar.
- Find out from your health-care provider if your medications and heat don't mix.
Monday, July 18, 2011
Stay safe during hot weather
Hot and humid weather may cause heat-related health problems for anyone who does not have air conditioning or for anyone working outdoors. Children, older adults and anyone on certain medications are especially vulnerable. Some basic tips to stay safe:
Posted by We Energies at 11:52 AM